What is a referral?
Referral means how you are put in touch with different services. You can be referred to a health service by: Your doctor (GP), your school, your social worker, a professional working in the health service or anyone else on your behalf.

What does CAMHS mean?
CAMHS stands for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.

Should I be worried if my child has been referred to CAMHS?
CAMHS provide assessment and treatment services to children and young people aged 0-18 years where there are concerns about their behaviour or emotional wellbeing. CAMHS services cover children and young people living in the boroughs

How will my child’s needs be assessed?
In a statutory assessment process the local authority asks people to give their views on your child. They ask for advice from: you, your child's school, an educational psychologist, a doctor, social services (who will only give advice if they know your child)and anyone else who the local authority thinks it should get advice from to get a clear picture of your child's needs

What is a statement?
A statement of special educational needs (SEN) sets out your child's needs (in terms of their learning difficulties which call for SEN provision) and the help they should have. It is reviewed annually to ensure that any extra support given continues to meet your child's needs.

Are the tutors professionals working in education?
Yes, all tutors are working in education.

Does the lesson costs for the course include everything I need? Or are there any extra fees?  
There are no other costs or fees.

How could I get my money back if I don't like the lesson?
Just return the course in good condition within 60 days of receiving it, and we'll send you a full refund.

How long does it usually take to complete the supplementary education lessons?
Attendance is from 10.30 – 5.00pm. Students attend in two sessions KS1 10.30- 1.30, KS2 1.45-5pm

Do you follow the National Curriculum?
We operate a National Curriculum consistent with school standards.

How do you keep children and young people safe?
Safety issues are ensured through disclosure of criminal background of staff in line with organisation procedure and the LEA and government guidelines
We have a number of policies available and accessible to parents and carers.
Safeguarding policy is reviewed every four to six months

Who do I contact if there problems with my children's work?
There have two types of people you can contact - your tutor and a course advisor. The tutor marks your work, and helps you with any problems. You can speak to your teachers on Saturday otherwise the director is available Monday to Saturday.

Who is this Supplementary school for?
For children and young people age 4-18, those with learning challenges, those who want to achieve higher grades, go to secondary school of their choice, make a smooth transition to University.

How can we be sure that you're legitimate, and that you will deliver the quality you promised?
Here are some answers we hope will reassure you.
We've been in operation since 1994; so we're very established.
We publish our physical address at the bottom of each page - and you are welcome to visit us.
We're audited by Charity Commission and monitored by Southwark (you can phone them to verify they do that).
You can read the Reviews of our students, teachers and parents on the web site.
You can check out our Testimonials on SMA click here

Your are here: Home >  FAQs    
Hompe Page
Abput Us
Contact Us
Tell a friend | Email us | Graduates | FAQs | Links | Accessibility | Privacy policy | Terms & conditions | Avoid fraud | Contact us | Site map
© Copyright St Michael Associates Ltd, 368 Old Kent Road, London SE1 5AA // Registered in England No. 3095116 // Registered Charity No. 1062584
Site designed and built by Firelight Creative